Old 12-08-2016, 09:54 AM
NoraB

I'm enjoying this post. I've got a Brother PS1500 and a Bernina 1020. I'm thinking of transporting one or the other to quilt class and quilt sew-ins once/month. I'm torn between taking the older Bernina because if it gets damaged, it might be harder and more costly to fix. I love my Brother, but it's bigger, so would require a larger bag.

What I'd like to know from you all that have transported your machines to and from.......what damage can happen to them in transport? Do you put the needle down, keep it up? Is the danger in driving down the road hitting the bumps or is it rolling thru the parking lot in the ruts?

Any considerations on a bag that will protect better? I've heard the straps keep the machine safer in the tote bag. Is padding in the bag itself something that is important? Should the machine travel in the trunk or on the seat with a seatbelt?

I don't need to take my machine, but it's more fun to have my own to sew on. Just don't want to cause any damage if I can help it. What are the risks and "injuries" you have noticed in your traveling machine?

I'd appreciate any words of wisdom/lessons learned you have. Thanks!