Old 12-11-2016, 04:19 PM
Stitchnripper
Power Poster

Oh dear. I glue baste all the time with no issues. I love it. A poster on here reminded us that glue basting replaces pin basting, not spray basting. At least that's how I look at it. I lay the batting down (cotton) and smooth it out. Then drizzle the glue on the batting either in a grid or meander. I find with a full bottle it doesn't take much squeezing. I do about a half at a time. I have never thinned it with water. Then smooth the backing over the batting smoothing and adjusting. It doesn't take all that long. Then pull back the batting on the other side and glue it up. If you get a glob smooth it out and rinse your fingers. Then flip over and do the front. Once one section is glued you can maneuver the sections around to get it all. At least that is my experience. Let the glue dry and then quilt. Some people iron to speed up the drying process. I have never done that. I have never had a sticky needle or a needle break and none of my machines have gotten "gummed up". The trick is to let the glue dry. Try it on a sample and see if you like it.