View Single Post
Old 12-13-2016, 04:50 AM
Wrylymax

I'm recently retired and decided to do a ruthless cleaning-out of my sewing room so I can certainly relate to the comments in this thread - all 41 pages! Wow!

My likes - the Martelli ergonomic rotary cutter is a love!! Wouldn't cut without it. The blades slice through fabric like butter and my arthritic hand can hold-up with this cutter.

Like my rotating mat for blocks like the D9P or any other that requires slice/move/slice.

Like the books I have, about 20. I borrow from the library first to see if there are patterns I plan to make before purchasing. Some are just for eye candy but that's okay too.

Somewhat like my AccuQuilt Go but wish I had the Baby rather than full-size. I never figured out how to cut strips without getting a fold in them. I'm cutting lengthwise yardage so there's no stretch but it still just doesn't work for me. I'm selling all of my full-size dies in anticipation of trading for the Baby. It's great for tumblers or applique shapes but I'd rather use a ruler for anything else. Less waste IMO.

Dislikes, Fab-U-Motion. I don't have a Viking anymore but didn't use it even when I did. It works okay but is too fiddly. Plus, I've discovered that FMQ just isn't my thing.

Too many specialty rules and the pounce pad.

The Fabric Glide hoops require too much pressure for them to actually move a full-size quilt.

Last, novelty fabric overload. It's SOOOOO cute but then I have nothing calm to compliment it so more fabric purchases required for each piece (not that this is always a bad thing). I'm donating about 75 yards of it and focusing future purchases on lights, blenders, solids, and sets.

Fun thread!