View Single Post
Old 12-13-2016, 07:37 AM
marietta

I've shipped several times to UK, Ireland and most recently to Germany. Because of the weight all went priority, least expensive Uk, most expensive Ireland. I can't remember how much any were except the latest to my nephew in Germany, the package was 7 lb and it cost $60.65 And yes lol it was more expensive to ship him his goody Christmas box than the stuff I crammed in there ha. But for me....I knew aprox cost before I signed up to ship international ( I worked for years as the asst manager of a fabric store and oversaw the shipping dept) I plan and budget lol....Is why it takes/took me so long to sign up for anything.
Today I am shipping a box to Austin for my best friend , she had to go up, her daughter had an emergency c-section and she's needing to stay awhile, anyway am shipping her clothes and meds, etc.....Now the drive to Austin from my house is roughly 4 hrs.... By the time i get thru standing in line and paying to have it shipped at USPS, it will have cost more, I'm sure than any international I've ever sent...Cheaper to just drive it up LOL (The times I have shipped stateside from UPS...well it has always been more expensive than USPS and the closest UPS to me is about 30 to 40 min away.)
Nowadays everything is expensive. I couldn't send overseas all the time...But a couple of times a year...Yes.
Sorry I know I rambled more than answered your question lol.