Old 12-13-2016, 10:28 AM
JanieH

Originally Posted by canuckninepatch View Post
This is my "sweet spot" for spray basting......it works so well for me. I have a design wall that is bolted to my wall, it's just a 2×4 frame that has a BIG piece of batting staplegunned to it. I first of all spread the batting onto the design wall, making sure I smooth out all the wrinkles. Then I take flat king size sheet and spread it out in the backyard (don't be a woose, I did this yesterday and the temp.was about the same.) I then lay out the backing, wrong side up...don't worry about how perfectly it is laying.....spray the whole backing, then fold it in four, sticky side in. Go back to your design wall, smooth the backing into the batting, getting all the wrinkles out. Then you can take it down, press this with your iron, if you wish, to help the glue to set a bit more. Now flip it over, so the batting is towards you and put it back onto your design wall. Smooth out. Now take your quilt top outside (can be right outside your door.....it takes about a minute.) Lay it out, wrong side up...doesn't have to be perfect. Now spray this, fold it in quarters, sticky side in, and get back in where it's warm! Now you can put this up on your design wall, smoothing it out so that it's nice and flat. Again, press so that it adheres a little better if you wish. You can put some pins around the periphery of your quilt if you wish...I usually do....but it is a totally painless, easy, and effective way of spray basting a quilt. Jan from Ontario
This sounds like a way I want to try. Thanks for posting it!