View Single Post
Old 12-13-2016, 07:03 PM
cathyvv

The computer savvy part - I used to design billing and ordering systems, and am "tech support" at home, so consider myself reasonably computer savvy.

EQ7 - when I first got it, I thought it was horrible, not user friendly. (I still think it's not user friendly, by the way.) It does take time - lots of it - to learn how to use it. That scares people off, and I don't blame anyone who gives up on it. It shouldn't be that difficult to learn.

On the other hand, other people love it as is and have no trouble learning it.

Since I am naturally stubborn, I have been able to figure enough of it out and can use it fairly frequently. (I would classify myself as an adequate user of EQ7.) At this point, the features that I like most about it are the ability to print out rotary cutting info/templates and to scan and import the fabrics I want to use in a quilt into the color library. But to get to that point you have to know how to make a block, how to make a quilt, etc.

They do have some tutorials on the EQ website. Maybe that would help you. I haven't used them, so can't comment on them.