Old 12-14-2016, 07:40 AM
givio

pennycandy, I'm using only one green fabric throughout. It doesn't have to be scrappy. Do what you like! It's your quilt. :-) I'm interested to see how it will look with only one fabric for the green pieces in the pattern. I have a constant orange, and if I have a constant green I think that might look nice. I'm only doing scrappy for the yellow, neutral, light blue, and dark blue.

ScubaK, Spinning the seams is just moving the fabric at intersections to create less bulk. It makes the quilt top easier to quilt in those areas. It's a construction option in the method of sewing that Bonnie apparently likes and that's why she says to do it. If you don't want to do it, then don't-- it's not going to make a difference in the pattern.

lettawellman, It's a mystery if your plan to make some 4-patches and some whole 3 1/2" patches will look good or not. lol Try it at your own risk! At the reveal, you may be changing your mind on it. :-) If the 4-patches create a running diagonal line in the overall pattern layout, then a 3/12" square wouldn't achieve that effect.

Last edited by givio; 12-14-2016 at 07:49 AM.