View Single Post
Old 12-14-2016, 08:34 AM
ube quilting
Power Poster

Default Loops happen and how to fix!

Sometimes when quilting a small loop will occur on the back of the quilting and I would always have to
unsew with the seam ripper to correct it. I came up with a solution which I would like to share. This might be a widely known trick but I have never seen tell of it, so here goes.

If you know about this trick, have a little chuckle on my account. I am a practicing quilter and learning as I go.

The first thing to do is to discover a small loop on the back of your quilt. remember this is for loops that are too small to just thread and bury in the fabric.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]563735[/ATTACH]
Take your favorite needle and thread it with any thread. You want to be long enough to use double, I used 18".
[ATTACH=CONFIG]563736[/ATTACH]
Send the needle through the quilt loop and tie a small knot in the thread. Now the two threads are joined together.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]563737[/ATTACH]
Now all you have to do is bury the thread just like normal. I did the traditional single loop knot around the needle but I after doing that I don't think there is a need. Remember the knot on the thread also has to go through the material. Fine thread works the best, it makes a smaller knot and is easier to pop through the material.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]563738[/ATTACH]
pull the needle through until you hear the pop of the thread.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]563739[/ATTACH]
Snip the end close to the fabric and you are done!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]563740[/ATTACH]

I hope this helps anyone who has an occasional loop dilemma.
peace
Attached Thumbnails dsc07595.jpg   dsc07596.jpg   dsc07597.jpg   dsc07598.jpg   dsc07599.jpg  

dsc07600.jpg