Old 12-16-2016, 05:36 AM
Macybaby

Of fun!

I started the morning cutting up batiks for a jewel box quilt. I have to be honest and say I'm not really a fan of batiks. I bought a lot of 1/2 yard and fat quarters for the AOH quilt, (way, way more than I needed) and after working with them a bit, I just don't like it. So I've had four small totes filled with batiks - and yesterday found the Jewel Box pattern, and decided it would be the perfect use for some of them.

I'm also cutting off chunks to send to a friend that likes them.

BH's clue 4 is out, so another item to work on.

But mostly - I need to spend quality time with my HQ. Last Sunday I spent all day putting together backings for all the floppies I had. I didn't think it would take all day, but I also did not realize I had 20 floppies! Some qualify as UFO's, so they get priority. Many I'll do an all over computer design, so they will go fast. I'll save the ones I want to do FM for later.

We also have a major winter storm coming in (8" of snow), so DH and I are ready to be stuck at home for several days. We live rural, and it's very likely the County won't get around to plowing the roads until Monday. We have a 3/4 ton 4x4 if we need to get to town. We're only 5 miles off the highway, and that does get plowed a lot sooner than the dirt roads.