Old 12-16-2016, 07:06 PM
quiltingshorttimer

Finally decided to hand stitch the cuff on the stockings--some people in family have too long of name to have it fold over evenly--so will attach with a decorative stitch and embroidery floss. Work for tv time. Then started on the snowballs for the first memory quilt. As I was working on them realized there is NO WAY that I can get 3 memory quilts (twin size) out of the shirts and pants she gave me--had told her that may need to be adjusted big time and I was right. So go the snowballs worked on (have one more point yet)but decided I needed to cut the alternating blocks for the other 2 out of the pants that I had left before I cut more squares for the snowball corners. I think I will be using almost every thread I can eke out of these clothes for these 3 quilts! And also did some work on the long arm. Just practicing stuff for the quilt that will get worked on after Christmas--planning "heirloom" quilting. More work on memory quilts tomorrow--but also some wrapping of presents--the one thing I do NOT like about Christmas!