Old 12-17-2016, 10:33 PM
oksewglad
Power Poster

Continued good news with Mom, Bev...

Thanks for the Merry Christmas photo, Jan..we have about a foot of snow, wind is to pick up and temps to drop -40 degree wind chills...yikes...lots of school activities cancelled today and tonight as well as church services tomorrow...winter has arrived.

Last week I supported my LQS! I was to tidy up some fabric collections and put away new patterns. Earlier I cut 1 1/2 yards of some railway clocks to use in placemats for my sister, then I saw a couple of FQ's that I like...if it's in the FQ bin it's a safe assumption that it's the last of that bolt...so added it to my pile. While putting away the patterns I found 4 that I liked that were already on the racks...they went on the pile...before the day was over I had quite a stack....boss laughed, said she was paying me to shop!...now to create something from all this.

This morning 7 yo came with her dad...I told her we'd put the Christmas tree today...she took it to heart, and voila...the tree is decorated...well not that fast, but you get the drift..MrOK looked around at noon and mentioned all the boxes I would need to take back downstairs...slowly doing it tonight...where are my young helper legs now...she was such a trooper carrying it all up for me...

Got an Advent wall hanging (by Nancy Halvorson) off in the mail this past week...it was a grab bag gift from our quilt guild.
I knew the NC kids would love it. Actually took a while to fuse and cut the Nativity items..used black wool on the back and buttons on the panel to hang them on. Didn't get a picture before I mailed it.

Looks like it's time to call it a day...later...