View Single Post
Old 12-19-2016, 09:21 AM
mac

Where would I be without mine? I got mine from Costco about 10 years ago or so and I love it.

To let you know how wonderful they work, I got one of those really huge decadent chocolate cakes from Costco one time for my birthday. There was a lot left over and I decided to seal it in pieces. We ate the cake little by little and it stayed really fresh.

One day I was cleaning out my freezer and found 2 pieces that we forgot were there and the date on the package made them over five years old. I couldn't resist finding out if they were still good tasting and they were. They didn't taste old or freezer burned, they tasted just like the day I bought them.

I also use my sealer for non-food projects. If you have screws or small items that you need to keep together and want to make sure they don't go wandering, sealing them is a good idea. One time I needed to send out some cookies to a friend, I sealed the bag as much as I could without crushing the cookies and with some air bags around them in the box. The cookies arrived safe, as they couldn't move around in the bag. Just letting you know that there are a lot of things you can do with a sealer. They are well worth having.