Old 02-02-2010, 03:40 PM
Corry

Okay, I said it is complicating. I bought some fabric to make a quilt. I took the fabric to our local sewing group to get started with the Wack N Stack quilts we are learning to make. We cut the fabric for my quilt blocks. My plan is to have a sashing with cornerstone blocks around my blocks. Well I was not paying attention when I purchased the material for the sashing and it is a polyester cotton blend. The other two fabrics are 100% cotton. I went back to the store and was going to try and buy another piece of 100% cotton to replace the sashing fabric I originally bought but the only other black fabric was of poor quality. Sooooooo...my question is this. Can I wash all this fabric and go ahead and make my quilt using the polyester blend? Now we already cut out my 5'' w&s blocks and I have sewn them together and now have my 10 inch blocks. I started my washer and put all the fabric in and took the 10'' blocks and one by one swished them around in the water a bit and then when the washer was on the rinse cycle I rinsed them and layed them out flat to dry. The other fabrics I hung on the clothes line to dry. Do you think I can go ahead and use all these fabrics and not have a shrinkage problem with the blocks being 100% cotton and the sashing a 65%poly 35% cotton? The cornor stone fabric is 100% cotton too. I have washed it too. Hope this makes sense...lol :shock: