View Single Post
Old 12-20-2016, 03:27 AM
miriam
Power Poster

I love mine, too. I have the accessory that seals ball jars. I love that. You can cut up fresh fruit, put it in there and it stays fresh. Onions keep nice and don't stink up the fridge. Freeze left overs. Seal up salads in the jars.
The bags can be reused if you scrub them out good. But the jar sealer lids and jar for sure can be reused after going through the dishwasher.
You can marionade your meat with a food saver. The vacuum opens up the meat pores and makes the marinade soak in faster and makes it more tender.
Put your dried beans in the jars, bugs can't go through glass.
They also make canisters but you don't want to put the lids in the dish washer...
If you need to keep track of important papers you can seal them.
I use mine to seal chips, dried beans, crackers or cookie packages but I don't use the vacuum part when I do that - stuff gets crushed. We don't go through that stuff very fast so they stay fresh until we get back around to it.
You can make a small firstaide kit or some other kit to keep in your purse or car.
I freeze excess spaghetti sauce or home made soup. I can cook in big batches but not get bored with the leftovers.
I have done up frozen garden produce using the Foodsaver and love it - quick and easy.

Last edited by miriam; 12-20-2016 at 03:34 AM.