Old 12-20-2016, 09:55 AM
letawellman

I'm so far behind, because of overtime on my job, as well as the usual holiday frenzy...

And I was having an AWFUL time with my pink and lavender Tri-Recs pieces not ending up the right size. I had considered going out and buying the AccuQuilt die for this... and then thought to myself "Didn't I buy this die already a gazillion years ago?!?" Dug out the case that holds my smaller die sets, and lo and behold, there it was!!!

I know Bonnie said that the dies waste more fabric, but my thinking is, it's MORE wasteful if I (evidently) can't cut accurately with the TriRecs tools. I cut about 10-12 sets with the die, sat down at the machine, and oh joy!! They came out PERFECT!! So, last night I used the hand-cut pieces and re-cut them with my GO! So, those pieces (mostly) won't be wasted after all.

Tomorrow is my last day of work for 2016. Hopefully, I can get caught up with everyone else, even though I unexpectedly had three customer quilts get dropped off to be longarmed.

For everyone else who has posted pics, I'm drooling over the fabrics and colors!! I predict this is going to be an absolutely GORGEOUS bunch of quilts when we all finish!!