Thread: Art quilts?
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 03:53 PM
fabric=fun

I have decided to interpret the comments made as attempts at humor. These quilts are strikingly attractive to me, sometimes the simple clean design says it all with the right fabric and color choices.. The fact that they are able to sell them for prices that allow them to make a living with their artistic talent is indeed a success to be heralded and joyful about. It elevates the craft, skill and talent of all of us that do quilting - whether we dabble at it, sew show quality quilts (and win prize money) or sew functional (utility) quilts for family and friends.

I personally am a very eclectic quilter and sewer. I admire the skill it takes to be accomplished in any facet of quilting - and I have tried most of the usual techniques (piecing, applique, pp, etc.,) for first hand experience! I even venture into Art Quilt realm since the embellishment techniques are so numerous and varied and pique my interest and creativity.

I hope we can continue to appreciate everyone's creative expression - it broadens all of our horizons and lets us be part of a greater community of needle, thread and fabric people. jmho