Old 12-20-2016, 12:48 PM
letawellman

Originally Posted by joe'smom View Post
letawellman, so glad the GO is working for you. When you recut your pieces with the GO, where did it seem you had been off when hand cutting? My cutting must be inconsistent, because I have some that come out right and others are a bit narrow. I've not had a single one come out too big, which would be preferable to too small.
Somehow, my angles were just the teensy bit too wide... just enough to make the smaller triangles not line up together. Plus the GO has those little corners trimmed on the bigger triangle and it just matches perfect with with smaller triangles.
I am MUCH happier with how these are lining up!!
I'm not one to OCD if something isn't PERFECT, but doggone, these were going every which-way!! Some of the original ones were good, others... eh, not so much. Some of them were slightly too big, BUT... the seam allowance where all three pieces meet just wasn't there, so if I use those blocks, I'll lose the inner point.
<sigh>

I REALLY want to master this small block, as I have a dream of a Storm At Sea quilt, where the color values change so that it looks like the ocean - blues, greens, blue-greens, dark blues, dark greens, and so on, with a little cream thrown in here and there, like the waves cresting whitecaps. I figure if I can learn how to get these pieces right on the MQ, I'll be ready to tackle my SaS vision.