Old 12-21-2016, 06:36 AM
Gerbie

Default Advice and Help Choosing a New Embroidery Machine

I have never owned an embroidery machine and I know zilch about them, but I am in the market for one now. My DH wants to buy me one for Christmas this year, and I have done some research, but now sure which brand and model to purchase, I do not want to get the most expensive, because I am not planning to start a business, but he has indicted that he is willing to purchase one in the price range up to $1,400-$1,500. I really want one with a hoop large enough to do embroidery on quilting blocks in the future, so I think I really need one with a hoop larger than a 4x4. I already have my preferred Bernina and FW sewing machines, so I'm not really looking for a sewing/embroidery combination, I don't think. Here are a list of some I have checked out and would like to know if anyone on the board owns one of these makes/models and what you think of them, problems if any, likes and dislikes and suggestions please. Some of these are combos Singer EM200 Super Embroidery machine, Brother SE1800 Sewing-Quilting-Embroidery with deluxe starter set, SingerSE300 Legacy Embroidery, Brother PE770, Singer Futura XL-400 with multihoop capability, Singer SEQS-6000 Fuura Quartet. I am not so much against a Janome brand, but I don't like their machine setup with the embroidery section on the right hand side of the needle which may not work with embroidery work on quilts. I also live at least 85+ miles from a major city to get service if needed and to really test one out- this city only carries Janome and Brother machines . Please send pm messages you do not wish your comment to be published and I will provide my email address. I am not trying to promote or demean any brand. Thanks for your help here- sorry for the long thread but DH is getting anxious for me to decide,so quick responses are appreciated.