View Single Post
Old 12-22-2016, 05:03 AM
JulieR

It is such a good feeling when our work is noticed, I'm glad you got to hear the appreciation!

The first quilt I made, a full-sized courthouse steps, was for my mother. She and my father had it framed (!) and it still hangs in their house today. When my father died and there were relatives and strangers roaming the house several times I'd find people standing and staring at the quilt, and talking about it. There isn't a visible label so they didn't know it was mine, and I'll always remember the impact it had on them, even on that awful day. I always itched to go back and "fix" it before, but I don't anymore. I remember the experience when I'm having a "nobody riding by on a horse 20 feet away will notice this mistake" day.

My sister once told me she felt like her kids were "growing up wrapped in (my) love" because of the quilts I've made them. My six-year-old niece sleeps with ALL of her quilts on her bed; my four-year-old nephew won't sleep at all without at least one lately, and no ordinary blanket will do.

I don't know what I've done to deserve such an amazing family but I'll keep them! <3