View Single Post
Old 12-22-2016, 10:20 AM
PaperPrincess
Power Poster

I have a case very similar to the one you linked to. I got mine at a thrift store. Depends what all you want to carry. It's small (look at the dimensions) scissors, measuring tape, rotary cutter. Would not carry even a small ruler or mini cutting mat. There are no 'tall' compartments in this case, so nothing taller than 2" will fit, not even a pincushion. It's sturdy, but heavy. This style is called a train case. If you look on amazon, they have lots of options, larger sizes etc. I don't carry it anywhere just use it to keep some of my small notions together at the cottage.
When I was going back and for various classes, I used the 6X9 snapware cases:
https://www.amazon.com/Snapware-6-In...SYG8PWJ8YGYHNK
The link has the one with a divided section. Joanns carries compatible ones without the dividers, also deeper versions pretty inexpensively. I got a couple sets. I put rotary cutter, extra blades, scissors in one, measuring tools in another, thread in another etc. The nice thing is depending on the project, I could just grab the containers that I would need for that project. I didn't rely on the handle, just snapped them together & put it in an open tote. Worked well for me.
If you could provide a list of what you want to bring, we could provide better direction.
I second the idea of going to a hardware store or harbor freight.

Last edited by PaperPrincess; 12-22-2016 at 10:22 AM.