Old 12-22-2016, 08:22 PM
ddtrina

I mistakenly cut all my neutrals for the En Provence quilt into 2 inch strips during my enthusiasm to complete week 1. So I went and bought more neutral fabric (1 piece only) to complete week 2. Lucky for me, I didn't need to go buy more neutral until week 4 so I bought the same print I got for week 2 rather than try to go scrappy like I did for week 1. Now that we are using neutral again, I find myself wondering if I should shop for more scrappy neutral material, use what's left from what I bought for week 4, or buy a half yard or less piece of a different scrappy print that I used for week 1. This quilt is already challenging me to use fabric in ways I never have before. Added to this, I think my son is buying the Essential Triangle Tool for my Christmas present but it won't come in until after the first of the year. I know there are other methods to use to make the half square triangle so maybe I'll content myself with trying one or more of them in the meantime. Or I can go back and remake some of my triangle in a squares from week 2 which weren't quite good enough. And did I mention when cleaning up my sewing area after finishing week 4 I found a stack of magenta triangles from week 2 that had never been attached to the corresponding neutral triangles. While I'm in the process of remaking step 2, perhaps I should recount and make sure I made enough to begin with. Some days I just have to laugh at myself!