View Single Post
Old 12-24-2016, 09:15 PM
LAQUITA

Ladies,

I wanted to update everyone on the botched box that Marcie received along with my sincerest apologies.

Marcie,

First of all, I need to apologize, It was brought to my attention how disappointed & unhappy you were with your S Santa package. After seeing it- I am embarrassed to say the least.

Now for an explanation - not an excuse just info.
---I had reconstructive food surgery middle of Nov.
----ten days later I shattered my big toe (yes on the same foot) Dr said it looked like a cracked egg.
--- next Monday night our daughter was in a wreck that sent her to the ER with a broken sternum & totaled our car
----that same Week on Friday night her boyfriend called us & he was taking her to the ER ----she had passed out on him.
---- She was still unresponsive when we got to the ER
----we had issues at the hospital & I had her transferred by ambulance to the hospital we use with her ( she has multiple health issues has a shunt in her brain- and medic port in her chest all due to multiple 'rare' disorders)
---- my husband travels 48 of the 52 weeks a year- he leaves on Monday AM & comes home on Fridays. So I was 'handling all this with out him

Now amidst all this I was trying to get your package put together. I bought the verigated thread (I thought you wanted). I did not realize it was for embroidery machine -u till now.

As for the calendar- that was by mistake I bought 2 of them on for you one for me. I was looking for the design- 2016 & 2017 were mixed in together. I kept picking ones up I liked & seeing they were 2016 & had to keep hunting. I obviously kept one if the 2016 by mistake. I never "looked" at IT again as once I got home it went into the bag I had for you.

The paint brushes- I guess I should of sent an explanation. I have se them ALL the time - the small one works great for lifting lint out of your machine & for sweeping the inside of your bobbin case.

The big one I use for brushing away the tine bits of thread after having to use a seam ripper.

The batik strips - well now that's embarrassing & I am truly sorry for this.. you had asked for batiks, I have all kinds divided up & grabbed some to send from my stash. Thinking they were an assortment. I did not open them, I did not check them I am truly truly sorry for sending this to you. Please please forgive me.

If you will read my profile I have positive reports of swaps. I pride myself in sending nice packages b/c I too have received several sad swap boxes over the years. I know how it feels & never ever wanted anyone I sent a package too, to feel this way. And yet it has happened. I had too much going on & should of backed out, but I didn't want to flake out on Teri - or you. I have nothing more I can say except I am honestly sorry for having sent this sad package to you.

I WILL be sending a make up box right after CHRISTmas. So please be on the look out for it.

Thank you for your time tonight & I hope you can find it in your quilting heart to forgive me.

Please let me hear back from you.
LaQuitaThank