View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 05:58 PM
Lockeb

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone else was doing this Free Mystery Quilt from Claudia's Quilt Shoppe website..

http://www.claudiasquiltshoppe.com/freebom.htm

The beauty about this one is that it's 1 whole row per month.....

I thought I'd do it - and it's a blast.....January was snowflakes, February - hearts......it's going to be a year of monthly themes I think- and the the blocks are small and work great with smaller pieces and could end up being a great scrappy quilt because of the different colors (except for a background fabric)

I thought it would be fun to see if anyone else was doing this....and if so perhaps we can all follow along and encourage each other...

I just finished my February row this evening - and joined it to my snowflakes from January - here are a couple of pictures of what I have so far...

Hope there will perhaps be some more of you who will join in - and the beauty is that it's free!

256 pieces in the this first portion - I can't wait to see how many pieces will be in the whole quilt top at the end of the year!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]37520[/ATTACH]

January - 9 snowflake blocks, February 8 Heart blocks....
[ATTACH=CONFIG]37605[/ATTACH]

Each block is about 4 in. x 4 in.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]37606[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-37520.jpe   attachment-37605.jpe   attachment-37606.jpe