View Single Post
Old 12-27-2016, 03:10 AM
fatsewcat

Default 3 Christmas Finishes

The first is a cute 30's print apron quilt top my aunt made and requested that I quilt for her. She is going to bind it herself.

The next is a quilt made for a Pastor. His wife had the embroidered blocks done and I took it from there. Originally the plan was to do some straight line quilting but after getting it together and dealing with the weight of the embroidered 12" blocks, I opted for a large stippple to secure it. She was very pleased with my decision to change the quilting. In the process I added a few little surprises too.

Last is my version of Karlee Porters Shimmering Symphony quilt. After purchasing the pattern, I altered it to include a drum because the recipient (an 8 1/2yr old boy) plays all these instruments. He was excited to see and receive this gift from his grandparents (which I am not). His name is stippled into the background but he hasn't found it yet and his initials are in the treble clef which he noticed right away and thought was cool. I didn't add any beads to mine version and my picture doesn't show all of the silver thread work in this quilt that makes it shimmer so it looks a lot better in person. It took me about forty hours to make this little quilt but it turned out great for my first thread work (painting) project.

Enjoy & Thanks for looking.

Last edited by fatsewcat; 10-05-2022 at 09:00 AM.