Old 12-28-2016, 07:45 PM
QuiltnLady1

Great thread. Our Christmas was a blessed family time, but oh the weeks leading up to it were a mess. Early November was the 2 yr anniversary of MIL death - and it was hard on us. The Sunday after Thanksgiving both DH and I got hit with a bug that lasted 3 weeks and trip to the Dr. The Dec 12 before Christmas I spent all day in urgent care because of an encounter I had with shell fish --a followup with the dr has given me a slew of appointments in January. Dec. 16 my car was in the handicapped parking space of the grocery store and a lady hit the accelerator instead of the break, jumped the little divider, and hit my car, knocking the sign into it too. That was in the shop over Christmas. Picked it up today, we went to gas it up and had steam coming out of the engine when we stopped. Had to wait for a tow and car went back in the shop -- got it back (someone forgot to clamp a hose). I crashed -- I think the stress is finally catching up with me and the cleaning lady is coming tomorrow (and I am one of those who has the house neat for her). I'm glad we had a great Christmas because I can count my blessings when all the rest piles up.