View Single Post
Old 12-30-2016, 09:45 AM
Doggramma

We went to Prague a couple years ago for NY eve. We went for dinner up the mountain on a tram. The last tram was supposed to come at 11:30 so we could come down. We went out to catch the last tram and it was all dark at the station. I think they cancelled it due to possible NY eve shenanigans. So we were all dressed up, no cabs up there, and the trails coming down were glare ice. So, we took off our shoes and came down very precariously walking in the snow on the sides of the trails. I kept thinking my feet were going to freeze and I wouldn't be able to get all the way down. But we made it down. My feet were crusted in snow and leaves. By then it was after midnight. Anyone who's been to Europe knows how crazy NY eves are there with people shooting off all kinds of fireworks on the streets. It's so much that it smells like gunpowder and it's a big smoky cloud. There doesn't seem to be a lot if safety either with the drinking going on too.

Once we were in Munich on NY eve. The fireworks going off on the streets and drinking was just as crazy.

both times we just wanted to get back to our hotels after dinner