View Single Post
Old 12-30-2016, 06:27 PM
quiltingshorttimer

this is very hard to comment on without any pictures (which you already know!) but I've found that quilts for charity auctions are all over the place in regard to what they bring. I've had several go for about $300-350 (these are queen size and all LQS fabrics with custom quilting)--which I think was really just paying for materials! And I always have a "ringer" start/egg on the bidding--which last one I did meant I bought myself! Just couldn't see a queen size quilt going for less than $325! At that same benefit, several double size quilts with edge-to-edge quilting sold in auction for $50-75--which is just criminal! On the otherhand, a king size quilt I did the quilting on brought over a $1000 at a charity auction--the next year the same person put a quilt into the same auction and it only brought $425--so I've found that there are so many factors in what a quilt will bring in auction. Bidders don't usually bid based on quilting (most aren't saavy on that part) but on what appeals to them (exception would be a quilt at auction with just quilters bidding).