View Single Post
Old 12-31-2016, 06:03 AM
Jane Quilter

Default Secret Santa Ideas for 2017

June Billie writes in the Secret Santa 2016 Signups Thread:

Sulabug, I think your idea of asking things people like so you can begin on some projects for the next year is great. That would be a great idea throughout the year to have a thread of its own to help others out for ideas. People could even share once in a while things they find when out looking around without necessarily naming the places for others to think about. Then everyone could have a start with lots of fun throughout the year, and still find out some main specifics the SS would want when they get their special name. Just my 2cents.

I too struggled my first year as a Secret Santa, and longed for ideas. I wished I had collected from store sales all year and kept a box ready to toss into such items as well as the items I have too many of that others could use. I could have made some projects out of fabrics in my stash had I thought of it early enough.

So, future SS, lets list some ideas and super sale announcements (like 70& off and store closings) throughout the year in the spirit of helping newbie Secet Santas for 2017. I will start with a thoughtful, easy to make gift that would be appreciated by anyone on this board, a pot-holder out of an UFO: