View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 09:41 PM
Tiffany

Originally Posted by brushandthimble
For signing blocks I like to use Pigma pens, 08, or 05 nothing smaller. I went to a baby shower and the grandmother to be says to me "Oh I meant to call you about a signature quilt". I have an awesome hubby, and I had just washed and ironed some bleached muslin so I was able to call him and tell him exactly where it was, with mat, ruler and cutter he brought them to the shower.
Remember to mark the boundries where they can sign, some will still sign in the seam allowance:)
I've done a few of these for wedding quilts and brushandthimble is right, if you don't clearly mark the seam allowances then everyone will draw and sign to the absolute edges! :roll: Even when marked some will not pay attention and will still write in the margins.

Freezer paper is a great idea, as is making sure not to use too thin a pigma pen. I learned that the hard way and had to go over all these signatures on my daughter's high school graduation quilt. Let me tell you, it was time consuming and a pain in the neck! It's better just to start off with a .05 or better yet, .08.

What is the soon to be retiree's favorite color? If you can find that out, don't worry what everyone else wants. Either use the colors you want (since you are the designer) or the recipients favorite color.

And you are so sweet to do this!!!