View Single Post
Old 01-02-2017, 11:27 AM
DonnaC

Well, I have my sewing room completely disassembled at the moment! Decided to add my other Gidget table so that I could have both my machines set up at the same time. (I do garment and other sewing as well as quilting so I have a bells-and-whistles machine along with my Juki 2010Q for straight stitchery.) So in order to do that, I needed to get rid of one storage unit which was never optimal anyway and just seemed to be a junk collector. So you know how that goes - dominoes! To move one thing you have to move three other things and find storage for the things that got moved outta the other thing!

This is about the 27th configuration this sewing room has been in since my mom passed in 2012. It used to be her bedroom so it stood pretty much unused for a year or so, because I felt so sad when I was in there. Eventually I got into my thick head that my mom knew how much I loved to sew, so she wouldn't want that room standing idle... she would want me to use it!

I've got the furniture in place now, just sorting through fabrics and little things and trying to figure out where to store everything. One funny story - in that room, I have an old rectangular laundry hamper, which I had to move during the reno. I said to myself, this thing weighs a ton - what the heck is in here? Well, it's a cornucopia of KITS that I had completely forgotten about! Some are just table runner or pillow kits, but several are kits for full-sized throws or wall quilts. Somewhere on my computer I do have a list of the kits waiting to be sewn, but I thought I should also take a photo of each kit so I have a visual... now I can look at the photos and pick which one to do next! So I'm in the process of taking those photos as well.

Sigh.... going back to work tomorrow will NOT be as much fun as I'm having today.