View Single Post
Old 01-03-2017, 03:05 PM
suern3

I bought a Pfaff 2134 when I started quilting about 8 years ago and have been very happy with it. It has the embroidery function which I was not interested in but got a good price on the machine since it had been used for classes in the shop and that version was being discontinued. It is a "computer" machine but was not babied at all. I've taken it with me to Texas every winter just setting under the table in our motorhome. Have had it cleaned by the shop a couple of times. I enjoy doing FMQ and have wished for a larger throat space, although I've done as large as queen size on it. So this fall my LQS had a sale and I bought the Pfaff 4.2. It has a large throat and lights under the "arm". I don't know what to call it. I can't ever have too much light and I love it for that if nothing else! I'm still getting to know my new machine but so far, I really like it. So, long story, sorry. I like both my Pfaffs . If there are certain things you would like in a new machine, I would say start looking for what you need. There are some good youtube videos that demonstrate the 4.2 and I think the 5.0. They are by Village "something".