Old 01-03-2017, 04:11 PM
KalamaQuilts

Originally Posted by jmoore View Post
KalamaQuilts, love your arrangement and colors. I always admire your work...you have a great eye. Can't wait to see your finish.
I can't take any credit at all, I followed Bonnie's suggestions this year She really does have an eye. During quiltcam not too long ago she showed a couple of blocks she'd been working on, it looked like the house Jack built. Ick when the quilt was shown it was one of the neatest ones she'd ever done in my book.

I've got mine 1/2 assembled and it will be too big to hang on the loft so I'm going to do something with a couple more borders and use is as one of my new inventions Quilt tops around 70" X 50" just backed with flannel. All these many many years I've always had a sheet or some cover of some kind because we've all have cats and dogs. I don't know why I didn't think of it 40 years ago Quilts to show and still protect the bed quilts I've made two already in the last two months.

the first is Strings on Steroids, sanity stitching while my mother was here with late stage dementia. The second is my go at the lozenge challenge, using more strings for sashing. If you can stretch it to see the corners, this is something I do fairly often with bonus triangles. I lay them on to of the block, stitch down leaving a little less that 1/4 in free. Then trim off the bulk on the back. They just ruffle a little bit in the wash, don't ravel because they were cut on the bias to begin with. I think the blue cornerstones in the Strings will show it better.
Attached Thumbnails strings-steroids-2016.jpg   losenges-2016.jpg  

Last edited by KalamaQuilts; 01-03-2017 at 04:18 PM.