View Single Post
Old 01-04-2017, 03:02 PM
Onebyone
Power Poster

I'm going this year too. I have been many times. It's easy to park just about anywhere but I like to park at the Convention Center. I can walk to the quilt museum and book building and of course be right there at the show. Eleanor Burns downtown store has a big parking lot on the side of it. Her warehouse sales have ample parking too. PaperPieces is walking distance from the Convention Center as well as downtown historic part. You can drive from there to Hancock's of Paducah and it has a big parking area. The mall has great quilt vendors too and of course great parking. Driving and parking is not a problem. And if you have the time, leave your car parked and take the free bus to all the quilting area. You will meet so many quilters from all over on the buses. Many times I will stay on the bus for an hour or so just to chat with different people and groups. Also Hancock's front porch is a great way to meet people. Buses unload there in front. It gets hot there in April so wear comfortable clothes. I drive there about 6 hours from me and go alone. I enjoy it so much more doing what I want when I want, seeing something twice or three times if it suits me. DH would be bored out of his mind. LOL