Old 01-07-2017, 07:13 AM
givio

Kassaundra, you have too? :-) I hope it's the last time I change my mind and seam rip. :-p My light blue was so pronounced in the dark blue, and the dark blue had the triangles too, making it seem more like a background there, so I just liked the light blue going in a diagonal line.

You've made a lot of changes with yours so that it seems to me it's starting to look like the Celtic Soltice MQ. :-))) The two mysteries are quite similar, I think! I've always liked that type of pattern in scrappy and that's on my list to do some day.

Anyone who's interested-- here's a couple of examples in scrappy and a Celtic Soltice example to compare to what we're doing (sorry, don't know who to credit, I just saved random online pictures to remember the pattern). These examples used the TriRecs to make a more pronounced circle (where the 'purples' are in our pattern).

...This mystery is certainly a variation on this general block theme. The sashes creating the secondary star in a pop color is an interesting twist to the usual pattern, as it seems to be a different construction method.
Attached Thumbnails untitled.jpg   untitled23.jpg   untitled238.jpg   untitled2.jpg  

Last edited by givio; 01-07-2017 at 07:23 AM.