Old 01-07-2017, 02:44 PM
KalamaQuilts

My reasoning is sort of odd ball, I have the same eye disease Bonnie Hunter, MacTel. I can still see everything you see, but depending on size and distance I see it bent.
I know, watching the progression, that cutting accurately will be the first skill to go. So I've been precutting like mad since last summer.
the 1.5" go into light and dark box, the strings, sized strips, and blocks are all sorted by color. I love looking at all that scrappy goodness, and have made three quilts this fall, pretty likety split as the cutting was already finished.

and a few sweeties here donated a couple of boxes (I paid shipping) to freshen my stash because I quit buying fabric in 2001. So there is room for both sides! and that is what makes us interested in all the threads here...

Prior to this frenzy I didn't have much use for precuts (and never the store type precuts) but over the years I've turned into an avid scrappy quilter so it makes sense for and to me. If i were still making planned quilts I wouldn't get the concept either.