View Single Post
Old 01-07-2017, 02:50 PM
rbwiese

Default Jan 2017 I Spy Swap

I am changing up the I Spy Swap, so please read carefully the new info:

1.Please pm me telling me that you want to enter the swap. In the pm please tell me how many sets you want to send, name and address along with board name. I will then send you a pm giving you my mailing address.

2. We will be swapping sets of 16 charm squares, each 5 inch square. You may send more than one set of charms. Each set that you send to me can be cut from the same fabric or a mix of several, if you, say, purchased FQ’s. You should be able to cut 16 five inch squares from around 1/3 yard of fabric depending on the design spacing. If you send more than one set, please use a different fabric for each set. I will divide up the charms randomly and return back to you 16 different charms per set. (If you send several sets, please realize that you might get duplicate charms in return.)
Squares should be carefully rotary cut and fussy cut when necessary. Keep in mind that your squares could end up in a child's quilt. Select fabrics that will hold up to a lot of love, wear, tears, dragging', cuddlin', washing, and trips through the dryer. Fabrics that fray easily, or are fairly easy to see through are not good candidates for this swap.

Please be advised that fabrics that are not square, squares too wonky or too off grain, squares that are shedding, squares that contain selvages, or those that are not 5" square will be returned unswapped. Be accurate in cutting the 5 inch squares. The novelty design should be good size, not tiny...it needs to be easily recognizable from a distance. Squares that are not fussy cut when needed will be returned unswapped. I will try to go through the baggies a little more closely this time to make sure that proper fabric is sent in. It is aggravating to receive unusable squares in exchange.

4. Place each set of 16 charms in a zip lock baggie. Include your name, address, and QB name on a piece of paper or index card and put it inside the baggies. To help in not sending you back your own fabric, please attach a 1x2" scarp of each fabric to the card or paper. Please put all sets together in a gallon ziplock baggie. It helps me when it comes to sorting.

I will again be using the padded flat rate envelopes and will use Paypal for the shipping so the cost is only $6.10. A label is not necessary. You may send in the cash concealed or you may request my Paypal account in your email. If postage is not included I will have to wait to send your charms back until you send the correct postage.

5. The last day for me to receive the charms is Jan 31, 2017. I will post when I receive your charms. Just let me know by PM if you have any special circumstances or you need more time and we can work it out.

Let’s have tons of fun, and of course you have to follow all the basic rules, found here. http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-20154-1.htm

Last edited by rbwiese; 01-07-2017 at 02:56 PM.