View Single Post
Old 01-07-2017, 05:14 PM
ladyinpurple135

Originally Posted by Neuras View Post
I was gifted a yellow OLISO but am quite disappointed with the amount of wattage versus amount of heat it generates (very low). I only dry iron, preferring to use a spray starch/best press. What brand and model of iron would you recommend. Thank you!
I have the,higher wattage (1600 I think) and it gets plenty hot. Mine is pink but the yellow one you have is also the same wattage - the pink was a special for Breast Cancer Momth several years ago. I'm not sure why yours doesn't get hot enough - perhaps call or email the company and ask.

As for a dry iron I have seen the Continental in the Vermont Store catalogue but have read about some problems. I actually,purchased mine (a red-handled GE) at an antiques shop a couple years ago. I had never seen one with the red handle!! The wiring is perfect. I also have a black-handled one I bought in 1999 also from an antiques store. Looks like it has barely been used. And it is also in perfect shape. I"d go with an older one as long as the wiring is in good shape. Those cloth cords can fray over time.

Sandy in Mooresville, NC