Old 01-07-2017, 05:59 PM
OurWorkbench

Originally Posted by Kyle BP View Post
Hi all!! New to the forum.

To have a little fun with the machine, I bought a few attachments/feet off of eBay, including a buttonholer. It looks identical to this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Whit...sAAOSw8RJXCvGb

Does this issue sound familiar to anybody?

Thanks.
Welcome Kyle,

I'm not sure that I understand. Is it a "White Magic Key Buttonhole Worker" and did it come with a manual? I haven't tried mine on any of my White machines (11, 41 & 43). I pulled the Buttonhole Worker that I have out and checked the manual. I have used the Singer buttonholer and really liked it but it attaches differently than the White does. Something that I noted was that in order to attach the attachment that one has to take off the presser foot holder. Something else I noticed was for the "Magic Key" that the instructions don't tell you to bring up the bobbin thread to start. The Singer manual says to lower the presser bar and then hold on to top thread and take a stitch to bring up the bobbin thread. You do have to lower it to actually stitch the button hole.

I'm gathering that you do have the plate (to cover the feed dogs so that attachment can move the material) and the attachment firmly attached in the correct position and that the needle isn't hitting through its complete cycle. Is it that you can't bring up the bobbin thread? I know I have sometimes adjusted the top tension, but that is a personal preference based on what the sample looks like. I don't remember ever making a sample without making any adjustments that it didn't work.

Good luck. Is this your only machine? Have you used other buttonhole attachments on other machines?

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.

Last edited by OurWorkbench; 01-07-2017 at 06:03 PM. Reason: correction & grammar