Old 02-03-2010, 07:12 AM
Favorite Fabrics

Location: Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)

Originally Posted by k3n
Hi Favourite Fabrics - I was just wondering, do you use our feedback to inform your buying/stocking decisions? :-)
I do take note of the comments, and keep them in mind as I make my selections. (So please feel free to give me advice!)But that's not the only reason that I post the pictures.

I still get excited when I see all the new fabrics that the makers are coming out with, and when I run across a particularly wonderful one, the feeling bubbles up that I've just got to share it. And it seems that quite a few members here enjoy seeing the previews. It's rather like window shopping; you can look, and it's fun and doesn't cost anything.

Sometimes the designers come up with colors and patterns that I just don't understand. Maybe it's a generational thing. So I post the pictures, in the hope that maybe someone will be able to educate me as to what it is that makes the collection "work".

Other times, there's a fabric that is interesting but I have absolutely no idea of what it could be used for. And the creative people here are always able to come up with a long list of ways to use it.

Basically I post whatever catches my eye for some reason, whether or not I think it is something that I'd actually buy. And there are SO MANY to choose from! This is probably the busiest time of year, for new introductions, as the holiday lines are being shown now. Within the last month, there have been well over 2000 new fabrics introduced. It's wonderful, but it's enough to make your eyes water!