Thread: April - Boom 18
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2017, 07:31 PM
mjpEncinitas

[ATTACH=CONFIG]565289[/ATTACH]Day of the Dead squares for MJPEncinitas

I’m hoping the overall effect of all the squares are colorful. They will be going next to black ‘skull’ squares so your squares shouldn’t be mostly black. The middle will be a larger appliqué of three skeleton musicians, banjo, fiddle and harmonica. Your square will not be set on point. They will be used on a wall hanging so if you wanted to use techniques you wouldn’t ordinarily use on a bed quilt go for it! Most importantly have fun.

While I do not want you to stint on the fabric you use for your boom square if you don’t think you have a use for the leftovers please return any usable fabric to me. I need to make four more of these squares and it would be helpful to have a little bit more fabric than I have and its not available online.

I will post the fabric, and an example of what the middle square and skull squares will look like and a beautiful 5 minute animation that talks about Day of the Dead. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCQnUuq-TEE It always makes me tear up a little but I’m a wimp.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]565290[/ATTACH]Middle square: Instead of a wedding couple there will be three musician's in the middle. Sorry didn't get black skull square pictures yet.
Attached Thumbnails img_0403.jpg   16-dod-wedding.jpg