View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 07:22 PM
Kwiltr

Well if anyone is still following this thread, here is a picture of my progress to date. Three rows of of eight total done. It is not perfect, but I am going with close enough! This quilt has been a bit of a challenge for me, way more than I anticipated, having taken the quilt at face value and not getting overly analytical about the construction details. I mean, how bad could it be, right. Looks simple. But with the method provided and resulting biased block edges and resultant thick seam points and non-nesting seams, I've had my hands full after thinking I'd have it whipped together in no time! Ha! Anyway, to answer the odd question, I do my own quilting, now on a Longarm and plan to do a custom treatment TBD, so do plan to ditch it. As it stands now, the only open seams are those running thru the middle of the squares, so it won't be a problem. I do really like the look so far of the quilt, but if I were to make it again, I'd take a long look at the process first and see if there is an easier way. The fabric is a jelly roll of Southern Exposure by Laundry Basket Quilts and a Moda batik from the Wild Waves collection. Thanks for all of your advice and comments.
Attached Thumbnails img_4068.jpg