View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017, 02:51 AM
Libster

Originally Posted by Belfrybat View Post
Beautiful quilt, Libster. What method of QAYG do you use? The one I saw demonstrated called for hand sewing the sections of backing together and I don't care for hand sewing. Is yours the same? If not, can you direct me to a link?

I am making progress on two UFOs. I had sandwiched a quilt over a year ago and FMQ the inner portion but not the border. I've marked the border and will quilt it tomorrow and hopefully have a finish this weekend. The other is a spicey spiral that I've had cut out for ages. I sewed the wedges together last evening so now just have to finish it up. Again, hopefully by the end of the weekend.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/tutoria...ml#post7703189

This is the tutorial that sewbizgirl posted for us over in the Boom 17, Opal Group, page 121, message #1204
The only thing I did different on my last quilt was the backing strips. I used flannel for backing, so I cut the 1 inch backing strips from flannel too. It makes the back look like it's 1 piece that way rather than squares. Just depends on what you want your back to look like.
The only hand sewing I did was the back of the binding. My binding is cut 2 1/4" wide and pressed in half. I sew it down by machine on the front, mitering the corners, then turn it to the back, pin in place and hand finish. I love this method!

Last edited by Libster; 01-11-2017 at 02:59 AM.