Old 01-11-2017, 07:11 AM
EmiliasNana

There are two quilt shops within two hours that both have retreat centers at $45/night. Accommodations are 3-4/room with linens supplied, large sewing areas with irons, cutting tables and plenty of design boards. You can shop anytime during regular store hours too. They are open 365 days/year so you can go when you want, with whomever you want and work on whatever you want (scrapbooking, knitting, embroidery, as well as quilting etc.). There are many restaurants who will deliver food, or you can bring your own as they have crockpots, panini presses, toaster over, electric skillets, microwave etc. just not a stove, but a grill outside. We usually bring about half our meals and call out for the rest, but minimal cooking. The one I go to monthly (only 35 min. away) has an annual pass, so for $450/yr. I can go as many days throughout the year as I want (You just can't live there, so no more than 6 days in a row! LOL) I usually go 4-5 nights a month and meet friends who live 2 hrs. away, but I have gone by myself. No, they don't place strangers together, even if you go by yourself! My DH is supportive and even buys me the pass for Christmas each year, as I come back refreshed.