View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017, 09:01 AM
Kwiltr

Originally Posted by maviskw View Post
A truly beautiful quilt, Kwiltr. Your point matching is unbelievably perfect. Who cares where the seams lie on the back. I know a judge would find those bulky spots, but the rest of us for the rest of our lives can just enjoy the gorgeous quilt.
The reason I'm still on this thread is because I always check the "latest posts" on my profile site. I always have to check to see if anyone has read my posts and answered them. So, I'll be checking this tomorrow! ! ! !
Thanks! They aren't perfect, but I got enough of them so far, I've created an illusion . The thing about this pattern is the blocks are created from strip sets that requires the pressing to allow for nesting the sets so you get accurate cutting. Then the blocks are laid out randomly to make a "pleasing arrangement". So the only options are to work with the blocks as is, from the previous pressing, or re press all the seams in the blocks to suit your final block arrangement, and they are all biased edges at that point, which keeps things challenging. I suppose one could try pressing all the seams open from the start to keep it flat, but then the matching of the seams is still a challenge, without the bulk issue and ditching would have to be beside the seam. Oh well, chalk it up to a learning experience! Thanks for your participation!