View Single Post
Old 01-12-2017, 01:24 PM
Janice McC

Oh, no. How frustrating! Happy you figured out your "helper's" little tension change.
Originally Posted by Jeanine View Post
Some Chatter from me. Not much to report except frustration. I decided to finish a baby quilt. Expected to take just a few hours to finish, only needed quilting and binding. Well, I started off well, then started having problems with stitching being wierd. Turns out the needle had bent at the end. Began again. I was about 3/4 of the way done when I began to get rat's nests on the bottom. Cleaned, etc. Tore out, restitch. Over and over again. I decided to use my trusty old machine to finish it. I got it partly done and same problem. I threw it across the room, back it was going to the UFO and I off the the store to buy a gift. But I couldn't let that quilt beat me. So I didn't leave the house. Finished the quilting by hand. Won't look as great but it would be done. Then the binding. Well, I got it half on and the nests began again. GRRRR. Turns out a little 2 yr old helper reset the tension to zero. LOL
HappyNana, isn't it interesting how we put away tops and then find them later, practically having forgotten making them?

Quiltermomma, I'm also looking forward to more finishes. You make such beautiful quilts.

I'm at a standstill until Sunday afternoon on my scrappy quilt. Lots of things to do between now and then but come Sunday, I'll be back at it.

Libster, thank you for sharing Sewbizgirl's tutorial. It's the method I plan to use on my scrappy quilt. Yours really turned out well. I added it to the Boom gallery btw.

Last edited by Janice McC; 01-12-2017 at 01:32 PM.