View Single Post
Old 01-12-2017, 02:17 PM
patti p

humm now that's a idea. my original thought was to do the middle and then come back and move to do each side... but if i off center it and only make one side not done it might be quicker or less movement of taking on and off the frame?

Originally Posted by Ellen 1 View Post
My friend quilted an oversized (for her frame) quilt. She loaded the quilt "normally". With the side that was too long and did not fit the leads, she folded it over - on to the part of the quilt top that was already pinned to the frame. (Don't think you would get an even fold if using red snappers.). (Yes there was an extra lump with the batting etc). While quilting, she did not quilt right up to the edge that was folded. She left some extra space. When the whole quilt was quilted, she took it off the frame and reloaded it, moving the entire quilt over, repinning. The finished quilted edge was folded this time and she quilted the unquilted edge. This worked very well and she did not have folds and tucks. She was also using both a computerized pattern and some free motion in the borders. Good luck. Hope this makes sense to you.
Ellen