View Single Post
Old 01-13-2017, 06:09 AM
letawellman

Loving the finishes, everyone! BB, I love the swap block quilt, especially how the red and black just pull it all together!!

On the 2-year-old "helper"... I probably did the same thing on my grandmother's treadle machine when she was teaching me about sewing long, long ago. For those of us who are naturally mechanically inclined, knobs and levers and switches and buttons are irresistable!! But I'm certainly glad you figured out what happened!!

Ok, so here's my chatter... customer quilt #2 is about half-done on the frame (I'm hoping to finish it before she comes to pick up #1 on Saturday). #3 is waiting in the wings to be loaded - that one is "custom quilting", so that will take awhile to complete. In the meantime, I got an order for a commission quilt, to be finished before Valentine's. Depending on when the fabric comes in, that one MAY bypass #3, as it will just be a panto on the quilting part.

One of my UFO's is supposed to have a total of 12 embroidered animals. I had 9 done. So, while I was quilting customer quilt #1, I also had the embroidery machine going. I finished two more embroideries, so once I hope back on CQ#2, I'll stitch out that last embroidery as well. So, that's a LITTLE bit done on UFO's. I'm still waiting for the critter patterns too, so I can use up the yard-sale tops and some left-over batting for the stuffing.

The consignment quilt will use up some of my stash for the backing; the patchwork critters will use up some leftover batting; both of those will count towards my personal "don't buy ANYTHING ELSE moratorium".

Progress... I think.