Old 01-13-2017, 07:14 AM
zozee

I'm in. I simply MUST finish this chemo quilt that I want to give my friend. I messed up the backing at one edge. Maybe I'll post pics to see what you all determine would fix it nicely.

That would thrill me.

I'm playing nurse to my teenage son who just had a very complicated appendectomy. His was the worst case the surgeon had ever seen in his 20 years. Why? Because the appendix "looked like someone had superglued the whole thing to the colon". Surgeon had to meticulously scrape at it. He called in a colleague to assess whether to take some of the colon in order to get the entire appendix, or to leave the colon alone but only get the worst of the inflamed appendix out. He decided on the latter. After 3 hours (normal operation like this takes only 1 hour) , my son has 2/3 of his appendix left inside, a lot of soreness, and the possibility of facing another surgery in two months. He is getting around okay, but gingerly, has a ton of homework to make up (he missed the entire week) and so I might not get as much sewing in as I hope. We'll see.