Old 01-13-2017, 03:43 PM
Tippysmom

Originally Posted by CanoePam
I like being around other people who like the same things I do. My DH enjoys the results of my quilting, but he can't relate to the challenges or the fun of the creation. I also find the focused time is very beneficial. I know there is nothing else I need to do but sew, take breaks when I want to, eat someone else's good cooking, and sleep when I want. It is quite liberating. I am not a person who can have just one project though. If I concentrate too long and hard on one thing, I end up making mistakes! I bring one big project and two or three little ones. The small ones are frequently small gifts or charity projects. I also bring my Kindle and read some to take breaks.

The only real problem I have is ergonomic. I have discovered I need to bring my Gidgit table and my own chair. The folding tables and chairs supplied by my American Sewing Guild organizers just kill my back after a bit.

Pam
oh my, Pam, you hit the jackpot on that comment! I attended a retreat 2 years ago and left with a stiff neck and back. Last year I completely forgot about the discomfort and suffered sciatic nerve damage. Spent 6 weeks at the chiropractor. Finally was able to unkink myself and purchased a SewEze table for this year. Chair will be purchased, also. The facilities were perfect for our event, but the tables and chairs were not, especially for short people.