Thread: Pattern
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2017, 09:43 PM
quiltingshorttimer

Originally Posted by ksmiley View Post
Hi everyone,

thanks to all of you for looking and your comments about this pattern. I don't get the McCall's quilting magazine, however my best friend might have it and she is going thru her collection today to see if she can find it. Now to show you how "green" I am about the quilting terms-----people have mentioned "EQ" and I don't know what that is. Can someone explain that to me? Also another forum member has offered to graph it out for me, and I responded to her and hopefully she is able to do that for me which is great. Everyone is so gracious on this board and very helpful and I appreciate it very much.
Kathy
EQ7 stands for Electric Quilt version 7--it's a computer program that allows you to draft your own quilt blocks, quilts, pull them from the program library, along with fabrics, borders, quilting motifs, etc. You can also pull images into the program that you can then use in a quilt, also you can add additional fabrics (off of manufacturers' websites, scanning in your own fabrics,etc) check out Electric Quilt on the web--it's very interesting and helpful in designing your own quilts--I especially like how I can use different size blocks into a quilt and make it work! There are other features too--you can rotate blocks, change the colors in all the blocks easily, etc.